Monday, March 26, 2012

Design properties not available

When I follow the the sample video "Get Started with Atlas Control Kit" located at http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/8/f/e8fda3e9-3504-46e6-b032-a1744ed331bd/HDI-AtlasControlToolkit.wmv

I seem to have a problem. All is well until I try to access the Button after droping a ConfirmButtonExtender onto the page. It looks to be ok but when I try to open the design property for the button - ConfirmButtonExtender; nothing happens. Well, I take that back the little plus sign disappears. I would expect it expand and show the the CssClass and ConfirmText fields.

I get the same behavior when I try the TextBoxWatermarkExtender, but with that I get no expanding design properties for the TextBoxWatermarkExtender within the label.

Again I see the property but it simply does not expand to see the children.

Any help would be great, perhaps I have something hosed up in the install but all appeared to go normal - I followed the video verbatim.

Regard,
Bob Szymanski

Hi Bob -

This issue has been fixed in more recent builds of the Toolkit, which can be downloaded fromwww.codeplex.com


Thanks for your response.

I downloaded the toolkit just today from www.codeplex.com. Specifically http://www.codeplex.com/Project/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=AtlasControlToolkit&DownloadId=782

The versions I have are as follows:
Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll - 2.0.50727.60725
AtlasControlToolkit.dll - 1.0.60731.0
Microsoft.AtlasControlExtender.dll - 1.0.60726.0

Do I have the most recent versions?

No - to get the fixes you'll need to pick up from the "source code" tab and download and build from there. Any of the more recent builds should be fine. Note Microsoft.AtlasControlExtender.dllwill no longer be needed.


Ok, I got it now, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment