Saturday, March 24, 2012

Deploying Atlas to non-dev servers

Question : What has to be done to sucessfully publish an atlas application to a web server running IIS 6 & .Net 2.0 ?

The reason I ask is that the the following error occurs when I attempted this:Could not load file or assembly 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies

I see that the 'jslib' & 'jscor' assemblies have been referenced by the Atlas project, but ehy're in the GAC of the dev machine.. Does this mean I have to copy them into the bin of the site on the destination server? GAC ing them on a host site isn't an option.

I don't understand why this reference would be needed. What are you refering to when you say 'I see that the 'jslib' & 'jscor' assemblies have been referenced by the Atlas project'? Where are you seeing this references?

thanks,
David


BTW, in case that was not clear, those assemblies are part of the Visual J# runtime, so unless your app is explicitely trying to use this language, and wouldn't think they would ever be needed.

Have a similar question, along the same lines -

When I try to run an Atlas Application by copying the entire directory into inetpub\wwwroot, I get the following error :

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have the Microsoft.Web.Atlas defined in the GAC (which is another issue - as I cannot do this on Production Servers)

I assume another dependant DLL is not loaded ? I also get the following warning :

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I dont see the Fusion!EnableLog in the resistry entry - how do I get to the bottom of this ?

Any help is truly appreciated -

Thanks in advance,

Anand -


You need to make sure that the directory of your Atlas app is marked as an IIS application. Otherwise, it's just a directory under wwwroot, and its bin directory will be ignored (hence the error).

David


My mistake. The j# dlls were required by the service provider we just started using (Web Methods) not atlas.

Thanks for the replies

No comments:

Post a Comment