Saturday, March 24, 2012

Deployment

I decided to start learning how to use the AJAX controls in my ASP.NET pages, so I made a simple website with a few controls on there to test. It works fine when I run the page from localhost, but when I tried to use it from a webspace that I have it gives me some errors such as:

Line 28: <compilation debug="true">
Line 29: <assemblies>
Line 30: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
Line 31: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 32: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

Here is the web address of the site if you want to try to run it:

http://cpt255.tech.purdue.edu/TA2/EGIS/EGIS.aspx

Hi,

are you sure the ASP.NET AJAX Extensions were installed on the server? If not, it won't work. Please check with the administrator or hosting company to be sure.

Grz, Kris.


Is ASP.NET AJAX installed in the environment you are using? I got that error on our first deploy of AJAX and it was because the sysadmin's didn't install AJAX yet. Also see if you can put the DLL's in a 'bin' folder in your app if they haven't deployed it to the server yet. That should clear it up...

Dapanther


Dang Kris, you beat me to this one LOL

Dapanther


I didn't realize that the extensions had to be installed on the web server as well. Thanks for the info guys.

TheSwazz:

I didn't realize that the extensions had to be installed on the web server as well.

Yes, the extensions get deployed in the GAC of the server/machine. It's under Microsoft support meaning it'll get supported for the next 10 years, 24/24, 7/7.

Grz, Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment