Saturday, March 24, 2012

deploying an asp.net ajax application

hi,
i worked hard to finish my first asp.net application using the ajax control toolkit. but i have a problem deploying it on my webspace. it is hosted at a well known provider (www.world4you.com , austria), and they told me ajax is enabled on their IIS. my problem is: i get an error when i try to start my application.

error message:

Parser Error

Description:An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message:Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@dotnet.itags.org. Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="master.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="news.aspx.cs" Inherits="news" Title="Untitled Page" %>Line 2:Line 3: <%@dotnet.itags.org. Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>Line 4: <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">Line 5: <table width="100%">


Source File:/reap/news.aspx Line:3

could someone here help me out? do i have to deploy any binaries of the control toolkit to my website or something like this? it works fine on my visual web developer 2005, but not on my webspace.

thanks for your help

You should include in your bin directory AjaxControlToolkit.dll
The file is included in the zip file you downloaded from asp.net web site, inside the bin folder of the SampleWebSite .

No comments:

Post a Comment