Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Development with Atlas. Should we work with beta, or incorporate later

We're going to be developing all our new applications with Atlas, but my bosses are concerned because it's in beta, and not fully released.

Which would be the best option for developing. My bosses would like us to develope our applications as if there were no atlas, but when it's release we could implement it.

I'm against this because we will have to chuck out so much code to use atlas fully. (I don't want to just stick updatepanels everywhere).

Any thoughts / arguments that can be used to help persuade? How much will atlas change before it is released?

Thanks.

Atlas is still under development, so it is likely some thing will change from refresh to refresh. Ajax is also still somewhat on the bleeding edge right now. :-)

I think the core concetps of updatepanel are fairly baked right now, though, so while there will probably be additions in functionality I don't think the model of existing features will change.

Hope this helps,

Scott


The reason I ask, is about time. I could spend 2 weeks designing an application before we start coding. Each page will be build using "standard" features of ASP.NET 2.0. However, with Atlas, I'd change how I design these pages entirely. I'd be using a more client-centric approach, to improve efficiency and overall speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment