Saturday, March 24, 2012

Deploying Atlas Web Site

Is it as simple as running the Atlas install? Is there a way to identify the files and include the files within our existing framework? Have Googled this and found very little in regards to deploying to a production server a Atlas enabled web site.

Thanks

PinkFloyd43 - From The Dark Side Of The Moon

Deploying an Ajax (formerly known as Atlas) website is as easy as sleeping in your bed.

The only file that you need from Ajax is the AjaxControlToolkit.dll, which you put it in your bin folder if you use it. All the other files are in the GAC of the server.

The server has to have Ajax installed. Hope that helps.


Hi. I have a similar question. I understand the need to install Ajax on the GAC and this simply means running the installer package form the Ajax site or Code plex on a production environment.

Here are some questions I have.

1. Is there any way that Ajax would NOT work if everything is installed using a Xcopy in my bin folder of the Ajax enabled web site?

2. What about security and trust levels? What is the impact of this from a deployment standpoint?

3. I assume I would not be able to install Ajax on the GAC if I have a hosted server where I host my application? What are the recommendations in this kind of a scenario?

Thanks in advance,
Sriram


I have the same doubt. Please help me out

No comments:

Post a Comment