Saturday, March 24, 2012

Deploy Ajax enabled site with out install any aditional file on web server

Hi All,

I need to deploy my Ajax Enabled web? project ( i used Asp.net 2.0 with vb.net and SQL Server as database ) without install any additional file or framework on Prodcution server (web server) due to some restriction....
Please guide me

note : Framework 2.0 and IIS are already install on my web server and some other web project runs successfully...

thanks

SajjadQuite simply, it's not easily done. If you want to use just the client-side library, that's possible, but I you'll still run into a bunch of errors unless you specifically build your project for it. Taking an existing ajax enabled project and converting it will require a lot of chnages on your part, depending on how big it is.
can u give step by step deployment information...

http://ajax.asp.net/about/default.aspx?tabid=47

Select Microsoft AJAX library.


thanx for reply dear
but on this page it ask to download the framework.......
i already download this framework and install......
i need asp.net Aajax deployment procedure with out install any additional file on my web server ( Production Server )

I think u understand my point...
any way, thanks for your support :)

I can't help you if you're not going to read the documents, or my posts. Let me try again:

There is no way to install the framework without installing the framework.

What you can do is deploy the client script library to your application, and that's the link I told you to follow.

There will be differences in how it interacts with your application,however, since none of the server controls will be available (updatepanels, etc).

Your only other alternative is to find a host that has production servers w/ th eframework installed, or pay for a virtual dedicated server and install it yourself.


You can try to place these (see below) dlls from C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025

AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll
System.Web.Extensions.dll
System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll

But please be sure that your application running in the full trust in this case.


You need to place them to your application bin folder
AFAIK, that only works if his web application is permitted full trust by the host.

IS THERE *NO* CONCISE GUIDE TO DEPLOYING ASP.NET 3.5-enabled applications in a SHARED HOSTING ENVIRONMENT?

I work with several different share hosting providers and some claim to have given me "trust" (others don't seem to know how to spell ASP.NET 3.5 yet!) and I've STILL not gotten the most baby-simple "proof of install" application involving VWD 2008 EE / ASP.NET 3.5/AJAX app to actually run anyplace except on my local development system.

There are a LOT of nice features out there in VWD 2008 EE / ASP.NET 3.5/AJAX -- but if the only place they will run is where you have complete control over the "production" server (with attendent capabilities of installing what you need there) this isn't going to go very far in a shared hosting world.

CAN ANYONE point me to a clear, concise guide? (Perhaps including how I convey the necessary requirements to the hosting companies as well?)

mahalo/thanks, in advance ... KevInKauai

No comments:

Post a Comment