Saturday, March 24, 2012

Delete Local Client File?

I have this upload utility that we created here at the office and I wanted to know if there is a way I can add a delete function to delete the uploaded file from the clients workstation (client side) from AJAX. We are trying to eliminate duplicate files on workstations and our web server. I created a WinForms control but it needs to have .net 2.0 configuration made to the security of every worksation so it ended up being a nightmare. Is there any other methods or tools I can use to accomplish this?

-rich

From ASP.NET or client side you cannot access the files in the client machine, sorry, you'll need to create an Active X for that
yea, kind of figured that - What's the best method in Visual Stuido 05? I've used vb 6 last time I had to create one but that was so long ago I have no idea where to begin...
You can use C++ in VS2005. A good start point is herehttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/zbwca5s6(VS.80).aspxHope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment