Wednesday, March 21, 2012

degradable Microsoft Ajax

Hello

I have a question about Microsoft Ajax, is Microsoft Ajax degradable ? Meaning will the website function even if I turn the Javascript off ? I know there is a small portion of users out there having their Javascript turned off, but I just wanted to know this out of curiosity!


Thank you

That depends on how you implement it. Can you build to degradeability? Yes. Does the framework force you to? No. For example, you could replace all your normal event handling with javascript calls to web services. Then your solution wouldn't degrade well.


I am confused now. Ok let me explain myself. lets say if I use a update panel and a triger, etc using standard Microsft Ajax controls, then what happen if I disable my Javascript on browser ? Does the solution still work.

I am not suing and customized javascript code myself, such as event handling, etc.



Yes Update Panel is inteligent enough to detect it and do the regular postback instead of partial..

No comments:

Post a Comment